Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 4

Unity (Part 1)

Philippians 2:1-2

There is a constant competition from various quarters, fighting to get our attention, mind space, affections of the heart and our devotion. I find it of great value to align my heart to the plum line of scripture as my point of reference. I find it brings balance and tranquility.

I found myself asking many questions and being reminded myself of many truths I have heard being taught over the years.

“If you have any encouragement..”

“If”??? This is obviously a rhetorical statement that does not need an answer to justify it. If is stating the obvious – of course I have received encouragement. What one may ask?

“Any encouragement in Christ”

Here is what I have received – my sins have been forgiven – past, present and future. I have a relationship with God where I can talk to him and He talks to me. My salvation is secure. My prayers are answered. Since I belong to him, He fills me with His Holy Spirit who empowers and energizes me to live a Godly life.

Navaz D'cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment