Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 6

Unity - III

Phil 2:1-2

Tenderness and Compassion

Paul is appealing to a minimum level of charity that ought to be in very Christian heart. Am I not capable of some measure of compassion and tenderness? If so the following is something I can do.

Since I have been the recipient of the above it surmises that I am able to the following : to be like minded, having the same love, being one in Spirit and purpose. This is an action packed, loaded passage. I’d like to think about it phrase by phrase as I seek to align my heart to this plum line of truth.

Like minded

Does this mean “uniformity”, becoming a clone? Does this mean there is no room for originality? By no means! Grace celebrates unity in diversity.

So what does it mean? Put in another way I think it means being of “one vision/intent”. It’s not pulling in different directions, in other words, having one goal, working together toward a common purpose. It’s a willingness to put aside the much exalted and celebrated individualism for a common good. It’s willing to compromise wisely, its willingness to let go, to give ground to another’s point of view or way of doing things.

Navaz D'cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment