Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 28

The Plumb Line - 1

In a world full of worldly management fundas filling up bookshelves, it's easy to get lost in a world of advice from almost everyone who's willing to win you over with their advice on absolutely anything under the sun. However, I find the best advice in the enduring, flawless, timeless Word of God, and it is important to set my heart right against that plumb line.

Phil 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.

This is such an area of temptation. I need to keep a guard over my heart and motives knowing the heart is deceitful above all else. Every now and then it’s good to take a pit stop and take stock of what is going on in the boiler room of the heart. If I don’t, busyness gets me or the “success” of what I am involved in can cloud/dull and even blind me to what’s going on, on the inside.

Jesus was always interested in what goes on in our hearts. Everything will be tested by fire (1Cor 3:12-15). So I would be wise to stop in my tracks every now and them and do a heart check up – allowing the Holy Spirit to shed His light, wash and clean me – which He does with much grace and love.

Navaz D'cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment